- Tennessee is a merit jurisdiction.
- Tennessee accepts the Uniform Application to Register Securities (Form U1), and does allow for electronic signature of forms.
- Registration requires filing or delivery of:
- Filing fee
- Application form
- Financial statements
- A Consent to Service of Process (Form U2)
- SEC Form 1-A with exhibits
- Tennessee collects a variable fee: one tenth of one percent of the aggregate offering price of the securities which are to be offered in Tennessee, but no less than $300 and not to exceed a fee of $1,000. Fees should be payable to “Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance.”
- Payments should be sent to the following address:
Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
Securities Division – Registration Section
500 James Robertson Parkway, 8th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243-0584
For additional information, please visit www.tn.gov/commerce/section/securities or call 615-741-3187.