- Alabama is a merit jurisdiction.
- Alabama accepts the Uniform Application to Register Securities (Form U1), and does not allow for electronic signature of forms.
- Registration requires filing or delivery of:
- Filing fee
- Application form
- Financial statements
- A Consent to Service of Process (Form U2)
- SEC Form 1-A with exhibits
- A review of the documents may warrant a request for further information
- Alabama collects a variable fee: one tenth of one percent of the aggregate offering price of the securities which are to be offered in Alabama, and no less than $100 but not to exceed a fee of $1,500. Fees should be payable to “Alabama Securities Commission”.
- In addition to the variable fee, there a is a $40 application fee.
- Payments should be sent to the following address:
Mailing address: Courier address:
P.O. Box 304700 445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 12000
Montgomery, AL 36130-4700 Montgomery, AL 36104
- For additional information, please visit the Securities Commission’s website at www.asc.state.al.us, or contact them at 334-242-2984.