New NASAA leadership assumed their roles during NASAA’s Annual Meeting
WASHINGTON, D.C. – (September 20, 2022) – Andrew Hartnett, Iowa Insurance Division’s Deputy Administrator for Securities, today began his one-year term as president of the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA), the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection and responsible capital formation.
Hartnett was elected to the position of President-elect by NASAA members in 2021 and assumed his new role as the 2022-2023 NASAA President on September 20, 2022. Hartnett succeeds NASAA Past-President Melanie Senter Lubin, Maryland Securities Commissioner.
Hartnett began serving as Iowa’s Deputy Administrator for Securities in 2019 where he directs the activities of the Securities and Regulated Industries Bureau. He has served on the NASAA Board of Directors since 2019, including two years as Treasurer. He previously chaired NASAA’s Enforcement Section Committee twice, has also chaired its Broker-Dealer Section Committee, and led three NASAA Project Groups which focused on cybersecurity, technology, and federal legislation. Hartnett previously served in Missouri as Commissioner of Securities, as Chief of Staff for the Missouri Attorney General, and as Assistant Attorney General of the Consumer Protection Division for the Missouri Attorney General.
“I’m honored and humbled to have this opportunity, and I eagerly look forward to the year ahead and working with my colleagues on the pocketbook issues that are so important to Main Street investors,” said Hartnett.
In remarks outlined to the NASAA membership, President Hartnett highlighted initiatives he expects for NASAA in the coming year including continued engagement with lawmakers and other regulators on digital asset regulation, projects aimed at combatting financial fraud perpetrated against older investors, and Regulation Best Interest implementation.
Hartnett also announced NASAA’s 2022-2023 Board of Directors:
- President, Andrew Hartnett, Deputy Administrator for Securities, Iowa Insurance Division.
- President-elect, Claire McHenry, Deputy Director, Nebraska Department of Banking and Finance Bureau of Securities, Nebraska.
- Past-President Melanie Senter Lubin, Commissioner, Maryland Division of Securities.
- Board Member, Andrea Seidt*, Commissioner, Ohio Division of Securities.
- Board Member, Marni Gibson, Securities Administrator, Kentucky.
- Board Member, Tom Cotter*, Vice-Chair, Alberta Securities Commission.
- Board Member, Eric Pistilli*, Deputy Secretary of Securities, Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities.
- Board Member, Leslie Van Buskirk, Administrator, Wisconsin Division of Securities, Wisconsin.
- Board Member, Diane Young-Spitzer, Director and General Counsel, Massachusetts Securities Division, Massachusetts.
- Ex Officio Board Member, Joseph Brady, NASAA Executive Director.
*New member to the 2022-2023 NASAA Board of Directors.
Organized in 1919, the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) is the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection. NASAA is a voluntary association whose membership consists of securities regulators in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the 13 provincial and territorial securities regulators in Canada, and the securities regulator in México. For more information, visit www.nasaa.org.
For More Information:
Jeanne Hamrick | Director of Communications
Karen Grajales | Communications & Investor Outreach Manager