HOPKINS, GOETTSCH, WEBSTER PRESENTED WITH HIGHEST NASAA HONORS
WASHINGTON, D.C. – (September 23, 2021) – The North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) announced its 2021 NASAA award recipients during its Fall Annual Meeting in Chicago, September 19-21. Awardees were recognized for their outstanding contributions to investor protection and state securities regulation.
“I share my deepest appreciation and gratitude to all of our award recipients for their dedication to investor protection,” said NASAA President Melanie Senter Lubin. “They have offered their talents and expertise in furthering NASAA’s mission.”
NASAA’s Blue Sky Cube Award is the organization’s highest honor that recognizes career achievement and distinguished contributions to securities regulation. It is named for Kansas’ Blue Sky Law, which was enacted in 1911 and has served as a model for securities regulation for over 100 years since its enactment.
The three 2021 Blue Sky Cube Awards were presented to:
• Lisa A. Hopkins, 2020-2021 NASAA President, West Virginia Senior Deputy Commissioner of Securities
• Craig A. Goettsch, Retired Deputy Insurance Commissioner, Iowa Insurance Division
• Bob Webster, Retired Senior Communications Director, NASAA
The Blue Sky Cube Award presented to Hopkins read, in part: “Over the course of your work with NASAA and your time as President, investors throughout North America have come to know what those in West Virginia have long known – that you are a fighter – a powerful and passionate advocate for the right of all investors, especially those in underrepresented communities, to be treated with honesty, fairness, and respect.”
Hopkins’ one-year term as NASAA president concluded on Tuesday afternoon, September 21, 2021.
The Blue Sky Cube Award presented to Goettsch read, in part: “Through a remarkable government service career, you have served the citizens of Iowa with uncompromising tenacity and dedication to principles of investor protection since 1975.”
This is the third time that Goettsch has received the prestigious Blue Sky Cube Award.
The Blue Sky Cube Award presented to Webster read, in part: “Across 18 years of remarkable service to the North American Securities Administrators Association, you have been the driving force of NASAA’s communications outreach advocacy efforts.”
Additional 2021 NASAA award recipients included:
• Michael Huggs, Director, Mississippi Securities Division – Patricia D. Struck Award for mentoring NASAA members and embodying the diplomacy, courage, respect and intellect of the award’s namesake.
• Linda Bailey, Retired Assistant Director, Texas State Securities Board, Distinguished Service Award.
• Debra Bollinger, Retired Senior Counsel, Virginia Division of Securities and Retail Franchising, Distinguished Service Award.
• Alex Glass, Former Commissioner, Indiana Securities Division, Outstanding Service Award.
• Jean Lorrain, Retired Senior Director of International Affairs & Strategic Monitoring, Quebec Autorité des Marchés Financiers, Outstanding Service Award.
• Robin L. Wiessmann, Former Secretary of Banking and Securities, Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities, Outstanding Service Award.
– NASAA –