New NASAA leadership to assume roles on September 21, 2021, following NASAA’s Annual Meeting
WASHINGTON, D.C. (August 12, 2021) — Melanie Senter Lubin, Maryland’s Securities Commissioner, was elected to a one-year term as president of the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA), the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection and responsible capital formation.
Elected by NASAA’s membership, Lubin will assume her new role on September 21, 2021, following NASAA’s Annual Meeting in Chicago. She will succeed current NASAA President Lisa A. Hopkins, West Virginia’s Senior Deputy Securities Commissioner.
“Melanie’s years of exceptional service in support of investor protection has provided her with the experience and leadership skills to advance NASAA’s mission,” said President Hopkins. “We look forward to her contributions, as well as those of the new board members, in support of NASAA’s mission of investor protection and market integrity.”
For the past year, Lubin has served as NASAA’s president-elect. She began serving as Maryland’s Securities Commissioner in 1998.
“I look forward to working with my colleagues in carrying on NASAA’s commitment to protecting Main Street investors,” said Lubin.
Hopkins announced NASAA’s 2021-2022 Board of Directors:
- President, Melanie Senter Lubin, Securities Commissioner, Maryland Division of Securities
- President-elect, Andrew Hartnett, Deputy Administrator for Securities, Iowa Securities Bureau
2021-2022 Board Members:
- Past-President Lisa A. Hopkins, Senior Deputy Securities Commissioner, West Virginia
- Board Member, William Beatty, Director, Washington Securities Division, Washington
- Board Member, Marni Gibson*, Securities Administrator, Kentucky
- Board Member, Kevin Hoyt, Chief Executive Officer, New Brunswick Financial & Consumer Services Commission, New Brunswick
- Board Member, Claire McHenry, Deputy Director, Nebraska Department of Banking & Finance Bureau of Securities, Nebraska
- Board Member, Leslie Van Buskirk, Administrator, Wisconsin Division of Securities, Wisconsin
- Board Member, Diane Young-Spitzer*, Director and General Counsel, Massachusetts Securities Division, Massachusetts
- Ex Officio Board Member, Joseph Brady, NASAA Executive Director
*New member to Board of Directors
During NASAA’s Annual Meeting, scheduled to be held September 19-21, 2021, additional Committee leaders will be appointed by the Board of Directors and announced.
– N A S A A –
The North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) is a voluntary association of securities administrators in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, in the 13 provinces of Canada, and the country of Mexico. Organized in 1919, NASAA is the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection. As the preeminent organization of securities regulators, NASAA is committed to protecting investors from fraud and abuse, educating investors, supporting capital formation, and helping ensure the integrity and efficiency of financial markets.
– NASSA –