- Virginia is a merit jurisdiction.
- Virginia accepts the Uniform Application to Register Securities (Form U1), or the Virginia Form S.A. 8, and does not allow for electronic signature of forms.
- Registration requires filing or delivery of:
- Filing fee
- Application form
- Financial statements
- A Consent to Service of Process (Form U2)
- SEC Form 1-A with exhibits
- Virginia collects a variable fee. The filing fee is one-tenth of 1% of the offering amount in Virginia with a minimum fee of $250 amd a maximum fee of $500.
- Fees should be made payable to the “Treasurer of Virginia.” Payment should be sent to the following address:
|Mailing Address:||Courier Address:|
|P.O. Box 1197
Richmond, VA 23218
|1300 E Main Street, 9th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
- For additional information, please visit the regulator’s website at www.scc.virginia.gov/srf or contact them at (804) 371-9276.