I. Registration Fees.
- Investment Adviser: $100
- Investment Adviser Representative: $60
II. Financial Requirements. A balance sheet showing solvency is required for registration. Investment Advisers registered in Kansas must maintain a positive net worth at all times.
III. Out-of-State Investment Adviser Representatives. If the IAR is not located in Kansas, they must be registered or qualified to transact business as an IAR in the state of their principal place of business.
IV. De Minimis. An out-of-state IA is not required to register until it has more than 5 clients resident in Kansas in the preceding 12-month period.
V. Other Required Documents.
- Unaudited Balance Sheet
- Investment Advisory Contracts
- Written Supervisory Procedures (In-state firms only
- Solicitors Disclosure Document & Agreement (If applicable)
- Custodian’s New Account Form that includes Third-Party Trading Authorization
- At least one pending IAR; and
- Addendum or Supplement to Brochure disclosing the presence or absence of professional liability insurance coverage
For additional information, please contact the state securities administrator.