The NASAA Broker-Dealer Section focuses on registration matters, qualification requirements and examination issues for broker-dealers and agents. In addition, the securities activities of banks and their employees, activities of clearing firms and continuing education issues are also monitored by this Section.
The electronic offer and sale of securities has raised a number of regulatory issues that are being monitored by this Section, including the applicability of suitability determinations, required disclosure and broker-dealer capacity issues. The point-of-sale contact with investors makes this Section critical in the states’ investor protection goal.
In this Section
- Coordinated Examinations
- Report on Accessibility and Standardization of Miscellaneous Broker-Dealer Fees for Retail Customers, September, 2015
- NASAA Broker-Dealer Fee Survey, April 2014
- Model Fee Disclosure Resource Center
- NASAA Broker-Dealer Section Report on Principal Considerations for Regulatory Actions
- Continuing Education
- State Branch Office Registration Information