North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc.
2022 Spring Semester Internship (for pay or academic credit)
The North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc. (NASAA) is seeking a law student intern to join us in the Spring Semester. NASAA is the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection. NASAA’s members include all state, provincial, and territorial securities administrators in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.
Highlights of NASAA’s work include:
- Drafting comment letters in response to proposed federal legislation and rulemaking by federal agencies and self-regulatory organizations
- Promulgating model statutes, model regulations and statements of policy to regulate the conduct of certain issuers, as well as broker-dealers, investment advisers and their associated persons
- Analyzing federal and state legislation that could affect state securities regulation
- Coordination of rulemaking efforts with federal regulatory agencies and self-regulatory organizations
- Coordination of enforcement actions among member jurisdictions and with other regulators
- Drafting of amicus curiae briefs on important issues of securities law in state and federal courts
- Educating investors about personal finance and investment fraud
The ideal candidate will have strong legal writing and research skills. A background in securities law or relevant coursework (such as Corporations or Securities Regulation) is highly preferred, but not required. We will consider applications from 2L, 3L, and LLM students. Candidates may seek academic credit or work for up to 20 hours per week at a rate of $20/hour, but may not do both.
Interested candidates should forward a short cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample to Vince Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until December 15th. The intern will be supervised by attorneys in NASAA’s legal department.