I. Registration Fees.
- Investment Adviser: $300.
- Investment Adviser Representative: $110.
II. Financial & Bonding Requirements. An IA with custody of client funds or securities must maintain a minimum net capital of $20,000 or tangible net worth of $35,000. In addition, audited financial statements are required for IAs with custody.
III. Sole Proprietorships. If an IA is a sole proprietorship, registration fees must be paid for both the IA and the IAR. In addition, a form U4 must be filed for the IAR.
IV. De Minimis. IAs that do not have a place of business in Nevada are not required to register until the IA has more than 5 clients.
V. Other Required Documents.
- Original signed proof of residency.
- Original signed child support statement.
- Original signed affidavit of prior activity (sometimes).
- Consent to service.
For additional information, please contact the state securities administrator.