WASHINGTON (March 30, 2006) —The North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc. (NASAA) today announced plans to broadcast its public “NASAA Listens” Forum on Hedge Funds live on the Internet. The Forum will be webcast on the NASAA website at 1 p.m. (EDT) on April 4. The 90-minute audio-only webcast also will be archived on NASAA’s website for later listening. Follow this link to register for, and listen to, the webcast.
The Forum, moderated by North Dakota Securities Commissioner Karen Tyler, will bring together a diverse panel of experts to discuss hedge funds and their increasing role in the portfolios of pensions and individual investors. Panelists include:
- William F. Galvin, Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth;
- Michael R. Butowsky, Partner, Mayer, Brown, Rowe and Maw LLP;
- Paul M. Weisenfeld, Director, Smith Barney Alternative Investments;
- Bruce Graham, Managing Director, Shields Associates;
- Susan M. Mangiero, Managing Member, BVA, LLC and Founder, Pension Governance, LLC, and
- Ryan Tagal, Hedge Funds Product Manager, Morningstar, Inc.
The program and webcast begins at 1 p.m. in the Astor Room of the Intercontinental Barclay Hotel, 111 East 48th Street, in New York City.
NASAA is the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection. Its membership consists of the securities administrators in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, and Mexico.
For More Information:
Director of Communications