Redesigned nasaa.org offers easier access to information
WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 12, 2011) – This month, the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) launched its newly redesigned website, featuring improved navigation, a multimedia spotlight area and enhanced search functionality with a clean, modern look.
The new website remains located at www.nasaa.org and continues to provide resources and information for investors, industry professionals, policymakers and regulators.
“Visitors to the new NASAA website will be able to more quickly and easily access a wealth of resources and information about the investor protection role of state and provincial securities regulators,” said Jack Herstein, NASAA President and Assistant Director of the Nebraska Banking and Finance Department, Bureau of Securities.
The new website can be navigated using the main menu across the top, topic icons in the center of the page or the extensive site map located at the bottom of each page. The five main content areas of the site are:
- Investor Education. This section is designed to provide the public with access to investor protection resources such as the annual Top Investor Traps list, general saving and investing information, and tips on retirement planning, as well as resources prepared specifically for seniors, youth, women, families and military members.
- Issues & Advocacy. This area contains congressional testimony, comment letters and NASAA’s annual pro-investor legislative agenda.
- Regulatory & Legal Activity. NASAA statements of policy, model rules, regulatory comment letters, NASAA and state rule proposals, legal briefs and enforcement statistics can be found here.
- Industry Resources. Industry professionals will find resources for broker-dealers and investment advisers, as well as information about exams, corporation finance, CRD and IARD resources, uniform forms, NASAA and state rule proposals, a directory of the securities laws and regulations of NASAA member jurisdictions, and contact information for the NASAA ombudsman.
- NASAA Newsroom. This area includes current and archived news releases, speeches, NASAA’s quarterly newsletter and annual report, and links to the newsrooms of NASAA members.
Additionally, the website provides contact information for each state and provincial securities regulator, as well as information on NASAA’s history and organization.
The website includes a new RSS feed subscription. Those who sign up will receive information as soon as it is published online.
NASAA is the oldest international organization devoted to investor protection. Its membership consists of the securities administrators in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada and Mexico.
For more information:
Bob Webster or Leah Szarek